Working closely with the Head of Marketing, the wider Marketing Team and the agencies creative leadership, you’ll be expected to spearhead the creation and guardianship of the agency’s design, branded collateral and materials. We have a very open and collaborative culture so you won’t be left to solve problems alone, and we expect the ideal candidate to have an open-mind and be prepared to work alongside our diverse and friendly colleagues.
We expect you to have good conceptual art direction and creative design skills, but also to offer advice and knowledge to help promote the services of the Marketing Team. Being able to talk about your work and thinking will be an essential skill. So too will be the ability to accept constructive criticism and use it to push the work into areas you may not have thought of.
In short, your role is to be the custodian of the veneer which we need to wrap around our agency, making it shine brighter than our competitors and making us look, sound and feel like the agency to work with.
PRIMARY SKILLS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ability to produce design and communicate fresh ideas and visual concepts of an exceptional standard for every brief.
- Be confident working on/offline at 72px to 300dpi, from website and social assets to major events.
- Apply art direction and craft the visual elements of creative design with a strong consideration of copy.
- Be a point of contact in the creative process within the marketing team providing input at every stage of the requirements.
- Develop trust-based relationships with internal stakeholders, acting as an ambassador for the creative credibility and process of the marketing team.
- Be involved with marketing brainstorming sessions with other members of the creative and/or communications
- Inspired and motivated to be creatively progressive, through the application of fresh and inventive communications work.
- Develop creative concepts that are forward-thinking and in-line with current media trends, forging and executing exciting ideas.
- Produce sketches, storyboards and scamps to communicate ideas.
- Be able to sell your ideas and talk about them in a way that excites and enthuses colleagues.
- Ensure quality control by following review and sign off processes to fulfil the creative vision.
- Understand and contribute to marketing plans.
- Demonstrate multi-tasking and effective time management capability.
- Thoroughly organised with good reporting skills at every stage of the design process.
- Follow and successfully interpret direction and feedback.
TEAM DEVELOPMENT & AGENCY PROFILE
- Foster and strengthen close working relationships with creative colleagues across Manchester, Liverpool, Edinburgh, London and Chicago with a view to influence and promote the highest standards of design practice.
- Have a keen awareness of developments in the industry in order to inform creative ideas and concepts.
- Guardianship of the AmazeRealise brand guidelines for all internal and external communications, adhering to the very high quality standards, ensuring the integrity of all digital output.
- Internal promotion of ongoing creative work.
- Network and collaborate with other designers in AmazeRealise and the wider Kin+Carta group.
PERSONAL SKILLS, QUALITIES & ATTRIBUTES
- Imaginative hands on creative thinker with instinct and flair for marketing communications.
- An ability to think laterally and literally who is curious about all things design.
- Motivated and driven with a strong sense of belief in your ideas and with the confidence to express them, coupled with a flexible approach and willingness to adapt your ideas to commercial needs.
- Ability to work with a copywriter to produce ideas, concepts and mockups to produce original ideas that generate results.
- Good interpersonal and negotiation skills. Ability to take rejection and criticism well and to be able to adapt ideas to requirements.
- Expertise of the core design and creative skills and continuously develop layout, typography and art direction skills.
- Positive attitude towards learning, developing and acquiring new skills from counterparts and working collaboratively, applying lateral thinking to solve problems from a different perspective.
- The ability to work with minimal supervision, prioritise work and meet deadlines working with other team members.
- Ability to inspire high the creative confidence of internal stakeholders.
- Problem solving, logical thinker with meticulous attention to detail.
- Self-motivator with excellent organisational skills.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Calm under pressure.
TECHNICAL DESIGN SKILLS
- Adobe Creative Suite - Indesign, Photoshop, Illustrator essential.
- Knowledge of Sketch, Zeppelin, Marvel and relevant production prototyping tools.
- Knowledge of (or a willingness to learn) Adobe Premiere Pro/After Effects or similar motion graphics and animation software.
- Social content understanding - designing content for Facebook/Instagram/Twitter/LinkedIn.
THE AMAZEREALISE VALUES
- Produce work that works.
We create brilliant work with measurable outcomes for our clients and our business.
- Earn the right.
We value our client relationships and work tirelessly to enrich them.
- Listen & Share.
We communicate openly and listen to all with respect and encouragement.
- Learn every day.
We work hard to be better every single day.
- Be stronger together.
We connect skills, people, opportunities and clients together as a business and as part of our Group family.